Here's what I've discovered and noticed (or reminded myself about):
- The lighting in my house is just bad. Even with the blinds open, there are lots of times that it is still dark inside during the day. The lights? Don't really help too much.
- But, during the day when the blinds ARE open, the outside light is definitely more dominant than any inside lighting I have. Which presents a challenge since the main area I take photos of in my living room puts the subject between me and the light source. That usually results in the subject being in a shadow and a not so great picture.
- Sunny days don't always make for good lighting. Sometimes you still need to use a flash.
- I'm going to try and take some pictures in my living room where the biggest lighting challenge is.
- Also, I'm going to be taking a bunch of indoor party pictures this week- in a house I'm not familiar with. So my second challenge will be to assess a new environment quickly.
- Last, work on getting some good outdoor photos- a double challenge since it's so cold out at the moment!